“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.”

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”

- Audrey Hepburn




Monday, 12 April 2010

Indecision

If I jump from here will I learn how to fly?
Like when I fell in the lake
and learned how to swim?
I can feel posidens grip
upon my skin.
The desperation,
the fear within.
The doors are all the same with no bells to ring,
no handles to pull,
no gaps to peek.
I raise the white flag,
my will so weak.
Could you ever love
a retired circus freak?
I dreamt of you sometime last night.
I blame you for the babies
I shall never hold and name.
For being starved of smiles
and a glutton for shame.
So sad is the sight
to see a clown in pain.
And I dreamt of her the night before.
I touched her arm,
I asked her "why?"
Maybe things will be clearer
when I am up high?
Upon the big top
is where I shall decide -
whether to live,
or whether to fly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
[Image not owned by me]



2 comments:

  1. How come you never talk about some kind of career in writing when you discuss what jobs you are considering? Because that was certainly good. You even won a poetry contest! It's also clear from this blog that you are a gifted writer. And if you ever get anything published, you have at least one guaranteed customer right here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Merriam :) I have always wanted to be a writer...ever since I was a little girl. I was always writing stories and extra homework projects to give to my teachers. But it's something that is very special to me, something I would be devastated by if I never became successful with it,as in if I was rejected. So sometimes I don't include it in my list of career options as it makes it more real to me...the possiblity of my inner thoughts being rejected. I think it's down to lack of self belief and insane perfectionism really :)
    And thank you very much for your kind words :)

    ReplyDelete