“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.”

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”

- Audrey Hepburn




Wednesday, 28 April 2010

The Other Sister




















[Image not owned by me]



We were supposed to meet in the January
Of a million miles ago,
I still sneeze sometimes from the cold I caught
As I waited for you in the snow.
They gave no name to your faceless face
Just an unformed hand to hold,
I held that hand and I always will
Even when I'm grey and old.
Is it wrong to love until it hurts,
To love the unhuman form?
Is it wrong to miss what I never had,
Something that was never born?
I can't deny your brief existence
Although they say I should forget,
A million miles on I still say goodnight
To the little soul I never met.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful words which hold such meaning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)
    I've entered this into a competition. I'll hear by Friday whether it has been chosen or not *fingers crossed* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it isn't chosen, the judges don't know talent when they see it...I won't wish you luck as you really don't need it, your talent will carry you through...

    ReplyDelete