“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.”

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”

- Audrey Hepburn




Sunday, 15 August 2010

Majority Influence



I bite my lip

As I feel the heat rise

Quick!

Look inconspicuous and bland

Be a bystander

To the heads buried in the sand.

It's your imagination

If no one can remember,

And if you cover your eyes

It's technically not lies

When they ask and the blood seeps from your lips.

Those stubborn threads pulling tight

It's not just the war that loses the fight

It's the forgotten casualties

Whose tears must dry unaided

Pretend their memories are fogged and faded

For everyone shoots the messenger

That breaks the silence.


[10th August 2010]

No comments:

Post a Comment