“Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

“Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you're exactly the same.”

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present - and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”

“I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.”

- Audrey Hepburn




Monday, 3 May 2010

The Other Sister Was Picked for the Month of April

I'm pleased to announce that my poem got picked again :) This one meant an awful lot to me so I'm glad it got chosen, especially ast here were far more talented poets entering the competition. At the end of May they compare all four of the winning poems (they do this every four months) and one gets chosen. Hopefully "An Unconventional Love" or "The Other Sister" will get chosen, but for some reason I highly doubt it. But I don't mind too much as I'm glad I have received this much recognition :) This month, the theme for my poem has to be "Food". I'm not sure what I'm going to write about, maybe my past issues with food as I suppose a lot of people will be writing about actual food and in a positive way and I like to be different :) Plus it's very personal to me and when something is close to my heart I find it easier to write about...it's almost natural.

I'm currently putting together a book of my poems, complete with illustrations. I don' plan to do anything with it, but I like creating little projects for myself :)

Thank you to the people who have been commenting on my writing and have given me encouragement :)

1 comment:

  1. You have a talent.Celebrate it.Well done.

    ReplyDelete